Sunday, February 15, 2009

Well, yesterday was Valentines Day. Gary and I went out to dinner at Iggy's on Friday night to try and avoid some of the craziness of the holiday. The boys all stayed home with Cas and had heart-shaped pizza for dinner. Yesterday, we had a fun-filled leisurely day at home. Gary sent me roses on Thursday and gave me a Wii Fit yesterday, which I have been wanting for some time (don't ask where he got it, I don't know. Apparently, they are VERY hard to find).
I found this incredible stuff at Costco called Yoplait Smoothie. It is frozen fruit and yogurt bits in a 2-serving pouch. You just dump it in the blender and add 1 cup of milk and hit blend. We had this for breakfast and it was delicious. We'll be getting more of that stuff.
The boys got some fun gift bags filled with things like bubbles and pencils and mazes. They also got giant Hershey's Kisses. They thought those were the coolest thing ever.
For dinner, I made 5-cheese tortelinni with meat sauce, vegetables and garlic bread. The boys loved it. It was really yummy. After dinner, the boys decorated some brownies. We tried to make them in a heart-shaped silicone muffin tin but I've decided that brownies don't work in silicone. They are too sticky. So they just decorated square ones made from the leftover brownie batter.
Here are some pictures. I hope everyone had a great and special Valentines Day!

No comments: